Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Sheer Idiocy

I really don't get it. I just don't get it.

To be clear. I have never...EVER.. said that "I can outsell 'storeX'". If the owner/owners of 'storeX', want to keep on saying stuff like that, then there's nothing I can do to prevent it.

To be even more clear. There is only one store that I care about how and what it does. Mine. I don't care about the store down the street, I don't care about the store on the other side of town. I'm sick and tired of petty animosity being slung my way when all I want to do is run my store to the best of my ability.

To the owners of 'storeX'. Stop spreading gossip. Either you're making the gossip up yourselves, or you're listening to people who are acting as agent provocateurs. Either way, it's petty. Exceptionally petty.

It's days like these that make me want to find the first buyer for the store and walk out of here. I'm serious. I am tired of people trying to play the stores against each other by making up crap about other store just to 'score points' or become part of some 'inner circle', and I'm tired of other stores playing along in this game. I'm tired of the snide comments, left handed 'compliments' and outright hostility.

Let me be even FURTHER more clear. It has come to my attention that another store is upset because I have managed a 'store exclusive' on some product line. Well that's farking news to me, if it is true. And by the way, if I find out that is indeed the case, I will make it end, as I don't believe that access to products should be handled in that manner.

I do not think I am better than any other store owners. I do not believe that my store is better than the other area stores. Different, yes. We do things differently and that is the nature of competition. Being in competition does not mean a "For me to succeed the other guy must loose." I do not believe in that, but it appears that attitude is not reciprocal. That attitude is immature and petty. What makes me even angrier is the customers who trust this owner/owners hear all of the drivel that's being spewed and believe it without any proof or confirmation.


No comments:

Post a Comment